Huge apologies for having to bail-out last week at very short notice.
It’s back to site (really!). This week I hope we can make progress on:
- Reviewing issues with mud and poor drainage on the path near the Burtons Road entrance.
- Getting out the mattock to take back bramble alongside the Uxbridge Road path
- Do some tree crown-lifting to enable an alternative walking route to bypass the mud through the trees between Burtons and the kick-about pitch.
- Finalise and prepare (remove brambles from) some planting areas for heather
- Plus, the usual litter-picking – as vegetation dies back, yet more is uncovered – especially alongside Uxbridge and behind Staines Road.
WHEN: 10am Saturday (03rd December)
WHERE: Meet at the goalpost, rear of David Lloyd as usual
WHO: Anyone and everyone. As always, please bring some protective gloves, sensible footwear, drinking water etc. and children must be accompanied.
WHAT: We provide the litter-pickers/bags as always. I bring as many tools as possible, but if you have your own secateurs, loppers, mattock or hedge trimmer (battery), please do bring it along.
It looks like we might be finally getting some winter weather late next week (a good thing).